Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: The Trubadore 1983

  1. #1
    Inactive Member rfjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2006
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cherie,
    My name is Rick. I've got an 20 year old story for you that you probably won't remember. I'm from Virginia and I was working up and down the west coast. I was partying at the Trubbadore and you were there with Glen Hughes. I came over and apologised for interupting and asked for your autograph. We talked for a minute and I excused myself. Then later that night you came over and talked to me for awhile. We actually talked for about 30 minutes. I went to San Diego for a couple of weeks and then came back to Hollywood and went back to the Trubodore. I was hanging out listening to the band when you and Glen came in. As you passed me by you did a double take and called out my name and jumped up on me giving me a big hug. Later that night as the bar was closing you asked me if I wanted to hang out. It was cool, we were on stage and you and Glenn were singing. I remember you sang Strawberry fields for me. Glen sang Ode to G. (I'm a big Tommy Bolin fan)Then you asked me to go to a party but while you were away talking to someone one of the bouncers threw me out. You actually came out and brought me back in. I was walking behind you when we went to leave and the bouncer stepped in front of me and told me to take a seat. He said if she wants you she'll come back and get you. Well you did! We went out side and you and Glen started fighting so I said I'd bow out. At some point in the night you even gave me your number and told me to call you when I got back in town. I was cleaning up my files and I had a folder with all kinds of concert tickets and I found your autograph and the note you wrote me with your number on it telling me to call you, which promted me to look you up on the net. Well it's been 22 years and I've never been back LA. You probably don't remember me or that night but it was fun AND interesting. I'd love to talk to you again sometime. Oh by the way happy belated birthday to Jake.

    Rick

  2. #2
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hi Rick!
    What a great story!
    Welcome to Cherie's message board!
    Happy posting!!!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  3. #3
    Inactive Member rfjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2006
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Gus, It's great to find tis site and see all the cool things Cherie is doing these days.

    One thing that I didn't put in my post that really made meeting and spending time with Cherie special was that on the flight out to LA I told my buddy that out of all the people I could possibly see in LA the one person I wanted to meet was Cherie Currie. Of course he told me I was crazy and it would never happen. I didn't think it would happen either much less actually spend time partying with her. So for it to actually happen and for her to be so nice to me - she was such a great person - wow!!!

    It's cool to be able to share this story with everyone and to actually be able to thank Cherie for such a great memory

    Rick

  4. #4
    moderator CHERIECURRIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2000
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Hey Rick,
    Thanks for the kind words.. AND the memories.. Yes I DO remember meeting you though my memories are not as sharp as yours. Those were some wild days baby!
    Thanks for being a part of them!
    Kisses,
    Cherie

  5. #5
    Inactive Member The Canadian Wolverine's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rick welcome to the board and enjoy the ride
    I do think you are an imposter that same story
    you told happen to me (I wish) LOL that is
    great you have a memory like that to think back
    on. Again welcome

    Peace out CW

  6. #6
    Inactive Member rfjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2006
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks CW,
    It's great to be here. I would not compliment my memory as half the time I couldn't tell you what happened yesterday. The only reason I remember so much about spending time with Cherie was that it was so cool. It was just special. I mean what really was the chance of meeting her and then to have her actually spend time with me and just be so nice. The second meeting was a pretty long night. The question isn't what I do remember but what I don't remember [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

    Rick

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Hilljayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What a great story! And how cool is that you got to party and hang with Cherie! Awesome!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Ravensong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2005
    Posts
    164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is a really great story!!! Is the Trubador still there? It's been three years since I was in L. A. I don't remeber [img]confused.gif[/img]
    Welcome to the board.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic